Apparently it has been a while since I posted last. I finished my Early Egyptian army shortly after my previous post, but haven’t had a chance to get pictures up until now.
|DBA Army I/2a: Early Egyptians. Essex Miniatures.|
|Early Egyptian horde and Pharoah. Essex Miniatures.|
As seen in my previous installment, the archers were all painted identically, and different ink washes were applied for comparison purposes. Everything else was flat-painted with Army Painter strong tone dip applied. This provides a passable look for the army without a lot of effort, which is just about right for my current level of painting inspiration (low).
|Early Egyptian blades and raiders. Essex Miniatures.|
Nobody makes an Early/Middle Kingdom Egyptian Pharoah on a litter in 15mm, as far as I can tell. So I had to settle with the 4Bd option instead. I used the Pharoah on Mule figure from Essex, but I had to use a deeper base to fit everything.
I used a different basing technique than I’ve used in the past for dry armies. This time I painted the laser-cut masonite bases with sand colored paint, glued sandbox sand directly to the base, and left it unpainted. It gives a “good enough” look without as much effort as painting and drybrushing the sand as I have with some other armies.
There isn’t much else interesting to say about this army, so I’ll just let the pictures speak for themselves.
|Early Egyptian Archers. Essex Miniatures.|
|Early Egyptian psiloi. Essex Miniatures.|